Ebonysbrightbook

This is where you can find the latest

How a bill is made

April16

Introduction:

In this lesson we learnt about how a bill was passed in federal parliament. There are basically three step to become a law  first the house of representatives and if it gets approved it goes to the senate once they approve it has to be signed my Govern general

http://leesclassroom.global2.vic.edu.au/2016/03/22/4620/

My group developed a bill on equal pay right now in most jobs women get payed less than men.

(here is more information about equal pay and how it is unfair)  

Equal pay is a wrong act…

(EQUAL PAY IS AN UNFAIR SYSTEM AND SHOULD BE CHANGED)

4 questions

• Why do women get payed less? Women get payed less because men thing there not smart enough or too emotional.
  • Why is it still happening? Some Men don’t see women equal.
  • What jobs do men get paid a lot more than women? Acting and mostly professional jobs.
  • What is wrong with women for them to get paid less than men? Some men think they are the better and stronger gender and they should get payed more than women.

Bill

• The bill about women getting payed more than men is a wrong act, A Bill for an act is in every single job, all genders should be payed the same amount.

3 Arguments

For:

• It is unfair for men as well. If they are married they have the burden to pay the bills, feed the family, pay school fees and pay for work as well! It would be too much for 1 itty-bitty man to do.
  • We are all humans we are no different from another, so why are we acting live women are NOT important.
  • 69% of marriages end in divorced so women need to work to get money and live.

Against:

• (Most)Men work harder than women so they should get the reward (which is more money than women)
  • Woman take time off from work to have children and take care of them, so they aren’t as committed to their jobs as men, so men should be paid more.
  • Male dominated work has historically been better paid and better organised than female dominated work.

TASK 6            

Reflection’s

(I agree that equal pay is an unfair system and should be changed…

I agree with my bill I think it is fair no matter who we are or even what our appearance looks like if men or women white or black human or alien we should all get payed he same amount. If someone works in a pizza shop as a female business and some males have a pizza shop the males business would get more money even if the women had better pizza.  When our group was in the (first stage of making a law) cabinet deciding how to make the equal pay bill a law.

TASK 7

My group was
CHIARA DECLAN ME INDI OLIVER

We worked pretty well at the start together and gradually got better and better we would get off task here and there but easily got back on track once someone told us. We never had a group leader though everyone told people a suggestion of something to do we all put input and had a lot of discussion.

Revised Bill

If the job is the same, then both genders should get paid the same amount.
Indigo, Ebony, Chiara, Oliver and Declan

321 (3 Facts, 2 Understandings and 1 Question)

I learnt that in the Australian parliament they pass a bill in a formal way, the same way every time with many rules to follow. Another thing I learnt was that there are many people involved in this, we have the Speaker the Clerk and the Searjent-at-Arms. Also on a rare occasion the speaker will call a “conscience vote” which means all members of parliament vote but they don’t have to vote for there party they can vote for the opposition or another party altogether they do what they believe in.

I understand now that the main person of the House of Representative passing a bill is NOT the Prime Minister he or she is known as the Speaker. I also now understand that before it comes a bill it has to go through the House of Representatives and then the Senate ’till it becomes a law.

My question is how many parties go to the senate and house of representatives?

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

SOX